Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I’ll have to admit that I was a bit sad last night, putting my boy to bed for the last time as a 3-year-old. He turned 4 at 2:13 this morning. 4 seems like such a big number to me, compared to 3. At three, I could still hold on to his baby-ness a bit, but at age 4 I feel like he’s a real live boy! He will start official preschool in the fall, and he can play tee ball this summer. Turning 4 is a really big deal!

He accomplished much this year, mastering questions (Why Mommy? But WHY because???) and learning to write most of the letters in the alphabet. He can take just about anything apart and put it back together again. He loves working in the garage with daddy, helping mommy in the kitchen and playing with his sister. He can be bossy at times and is very opinionated. He would follow his grandpa anywhere, especially to “the brown park”. He's never met a truck that he didn't like and is a huge Jeff Gordon fan. Above all, he is still a mama’s boy.

Happy birthday my sweet boy. It doesn’t seem like it has been 4 years since you made your debut, but at the same time, I can’t remember you not being here. I love you so so much.


5 comments:

Tess said...

Oh my GOD that newborn picture is so cute.

Four is no longer a toddler, but a kid! Happy Birthday!

Jess said...

I feel like the 4s are all important. 3 to 4 is when you change from being a toddler to a kid. 13 to 14 is when you change from being a middle-schooler to being a teenager, really, because 14 is the year high school starts. 23 to 24 is when you're no longer in your carefree, reckless early twenties, and instead you're in your older, responsible mid twenties. And so on.

Anyway, happy birthday to your boy!

LoriD said...

Happy Birthday, little guy! Four is definitely a milestone.

Mommy Daisy said...

That's so sweet. Adorable pictures.

Happy Birthday ED!

Misty said...

Awww, cutie little slug bug baby. Such a big boy now.

*Sniff* God, life just flies by, huh?