Monday, November 21, 2011

My Questions Answered

Ugh, I have not felt this blah in a very long time. There is no actual malaise to pinpoint---I just plain don’t feel well. I did have a migraine for a bit yesterday, but it passed. Mostly I feel tired and foggy. I’d really just like to take a nap. It is a good thing I have some questions to answer, because otherwise, I’d probably whine on for this entire post. So! Here’s to hoping that I start feeling better, and here are my answers to Saturday’s questions. Feel free to answer for yourself if you didn’t get a chance to over the weekend.

1. White meat or dark meat? White meat, please! I like to save the dark meat for soup and turkey salad sandwiches though.
2. Gravy or no gravy? Gravy, and lots of it. I like to have gravy over everything, with a little pool for extra dipping right in the middle of my plate.
3. Do you call it stuffing, or dressing? And what kind does your family eat? (cornbread, sausage, oyster etc.) I don’t know why, because I am sure that nobody else in the North calls it this, but I say dressing. About 5 years ago I started making cornbread dressing from scratch and I have never looked back. So delicious.
4. Cranberry sauce? Yes or no. Nope. I don’t care if it is fresh or from a can. I do not like it either way.
5. What is your one cannot live without Thanksgiving dish? What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Main entrée? That is tough, because seriously…all of it. I think if I had to pick one thing it would be the dressing. Or my mom’s creamed cucumbers. For dessert, it has to be pumpkin pie and it has to be absolutely slathered with cool whip.
6. Who are you spending Thanksgiving with this year? I am cooking for Hub, the kids, my parents, my brothers, BIL and BIL’s girlfriend. That’s…a lot of people. I’ll have a 24lb turkey in the oven, and Hub is frying a smaller one outside. Still, I’m sure there will be way too much food.

**oh, and a note on my Good Stuff post yesterday-- I received our package of Christmas cards in the mail on Friday. I did not mail them out on Friday. I'm not a psychopath!

No comments: