Saturday, November 1, 2008

30 Years in 30 Days--1978

I was born October 14, 1978 in Buffalo, NY. Jimmy Carter was the president and Sony introduced the first walkman. To this day, my mother tells stories of how my uncles, who were 16 and 18 at the time, were waiting for my father and her to come home with me, smoking cigars in their living room. I did not ride home in a car seat, but on my mother’s lap. On their way home, they heard Stevie Wonder singing “Isn’t She Lovely”. This has always been my song (and my father and I danced to it at my wedding). My mother says I began speaking in full sentences when I was 10 months old. Judging by the way my own children speak, I believe her.

5 comments:

LoriD said...

What a sweet story about "your song". Talking full sentences at 10 months? Amazing!

Nowheymama said...

*sniff* Your song!

Sarah said...

Hey! My dad sang that same song to me the day they brought ME home from the hospital! We share our song!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool and going to be such fun!

Misty said...

Baby! No car seat! Being brought home to a house full of cigar smoke!

I lived through similar (and worse) things, so I am not pointing fingers. But my, hasn't the world CHANGED?