Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 Days of Blogging-Day 2- A Favorite Movie

(I swear I wrote this yesterday, but my huge project at work is leaving me a bit crazed.)

When I was a Blockbuster manager, my favorite thing to do was to set up the Employee Favorites section. We would decorate nameplates with clip art and really have a good time with it. I always made it a point to watch some of everyone’s favorites. We got 5 free rentals a week—10 actually because Hub was a manger in another location, so it wasn’t hard to do. And because of this, my favorites were always changing. The joys of being young and carefree, I suppose. Now, I don’t have a ton of time for movies. Hub and I will get one on demand once or twice a month, if that. We watch a lot of kids movies. We don’t stay up very late. It happens. At least this way though, I’m not constantly adding movies to my favorite list. I can’t pick just one though, so let’s pretend I’m setting up the old Employee Favorites wall again and I will pick between 5 and 8 to display on my wall.

1. The Sound of Music
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. She’s All That
4. Titanic (ok, L.A.M.E I know)
5. Dazed and Confused
6. Heart and Souls
7. The Negotiator
8. Music and Lyrics

Tell me, what would be on your wall?

3 comments:

Misty said...

My movie tastes are frankly embarrassing. So this is how much I love you.

I like French Kiss and You've Got Mail. And Mulan.

And yet, I would't read a Harlequin romance if you paid me. How's that for irony?

Saly said...

Oh Misty!! I love French Kiss!! and You've Got Mail!! Give me all the cheesy romance you can....love it all.

Anonymous said...

I loved working in a video store!! I did it way back in the 80s (high school). It was awesome. I should blog about that one day.

Hmm, mine would be: When Harry Met Sally, About Last Night, St Elmo's Fire, Grease, Grease 2, Nottinghill, American Beauty, Roman Holiday, To Kill a Mockingbird and Valley Girl.