Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 Days of Blogging-Day3- a Favorite TV Show

I love TV you guys; I always have. There was a time, way before my TiVo, when Hub and I had a separate VHS tape for every day of the week, and we recorded multiple shows on multiple channels and, well, wow. It was crazy. To say TiVo has changed our life would be a huge understatement, and you would think that with all that it does for me, I would be watching a lot more TV than I do, but not so much. This goes back to the movie post. I just don’t have the kind of time that I used to anymore. And I am mostly ok with it. I mostly watch sitcoms now, as 30 minutes is just the right amount of time for me to sit down. Modern Family, The Middle, HIMYM etc. Together, Hub and I watch Castle, Burn Notice and Psych. I’m still watching Glee, but I am not sure why exactly. Honestly, our guilty pleasure is sitting down with the paper on Sunday mornings and watching CBS Sunday Morning. Because, well, we are old folks.

Anyway, my point is that it’s hard to say that any one of those shows is my favorite. They’re mostly just filler.

Talking about all time favorite shows though…that I can do. Friends and Will and Grace come to mind. Felicity…oh, how I loved Felicity, but the way it ended forever removed it from my favorites ranking. Seinfeld is my show that will stand the test of time. I can watch that show anytime and never be bored.

My all time favorite show though, is probably Dawson’s Creek. Teen angst at its finest. I have watched that show from end to end so many times and it never fails to suck me right in. I love you Dawson, Joey, Pacey and Jen.

Honorable mention would have to go to Murphy Brown. I didn’t watch that one when it was actually on TV, but it was on Nick at Night when I was pregnant with Lu and couldn’t sleep. I recorded it after she was born so I could watch while I nursed her in the middle of the night. Murphy and the gang aaaalmost made me look forward to my sleep being interrupted.

Tell me about your TV habits, past and present. I so want to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I could talk about tv for days!

We love watching the CBS Morning Show on Sundays! I think it's b/c they always have something I wouldn't normally consider learning about yet it's always presented in an interesting way. I even love the music on that show.

Murphy Brown was awesome!

Currently watching: Glee (why? I don't know), Castle, Parenthood, Bones, The Good Wife, HIMYM, Modern Family and Top Chef. I feel like there are more but I can't think of them.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I forgot Fringe, which if you loved DC you might love for Pacey. Joshua Jackson is still hot!