Oh hi! I've taken the plunge and have moved this blog over to WordPress. It's pretty great, because I was able to move all of these posts along with the posts from my previous blog. Now everything is in 1 place! I hope you'll follow me over there! It's right here!
Be sure to click over and save.
Bye Bye, Blogger!!
Friday, July 13, 2012
- · I have now been sick for more than 3 weeks. A call to the dr. yesterday, after having finished my z-pak on Tuesday and still not being well yielded this advice: Try some Advil Cold and Sinus and saline spray. Call me Monday if that doesn’t help. Um…really? 3 weeks, lady. 3 weeks of a cold, that turned in to a clogged ear that turned in to the worst sinus pain and pressure I’ve ever had, and you tell me Advil? She didn’t even tell me herself either; she had the receptionist call me back. I hope I don’t end up at urgent care this weekend. I just want to be better. I have plans!
- · Liv, who has always had a rather difficult personality, has really kicked it up a notch these past few weeks. I’m talking screaming, tantruming, hitting me, (she actually bitch slapped me at bedtime the other night. I can’t even.) and I am at a total loss. I don’t know what to do with her, and it makes me sad.
- · I need to have my eyebrows waxed but I am afraid because my face has gotten a bit tan. I don’t want eyebrow tan lines. Could you imagine? The alternative is bushy eyebrows though. I think I’m screwed.
- · Keeping all 3 kids out of camp on Fridays was a Very Bad Idea.
- · I went swimming (in our 3-foot pool) with the kids yesterday. They were amazed and all like “Mama, you can swim??” Where have they been for the past 8 years?
- · We have found 3 dead rats in our yard this summer. We don’t know where they have come from, only that the dog has killed them. I think they are passing through our yard from one of the neighbors behind us because Haley has been spending a ton of time behind our garage. I am beyond skeeved out. Beyond Skeeved.
- · Finally, today I was reminded of this email forward I got several years ago at work. My friend and I laughed for days, and every year or so, she will send it to me, or I will send it to her. The email body is this: My friend is getting rid of his dog (FREE). His wife says the dog stares at her all day. See picture below:
Monday, July 9, 2012
I had a bit of a mini-vacation last week. The kids were home from camp and I was off from Wednesday on. It was pretty spectacular.
For the 4th we took a bit of a drive to have dinner at this restaurant that is right over the Niagara River. This was our view:
Then we headed down to the park for fireworks. Hub taught the kids to play Blackjack while we waited.
The next day we got up early and headed down to PA to go to our favorite little zoo, and to the beach. It was one of those rare days where the kids were behaved and all had fun. There was little complaining. It’s hard to only pick a few photos to show here—I love them all so much!
The rest of the week, we really just relaxed (well, I went out to dinner and to see Magic Mike with some girlfriends too). Our trip to BJ’s on Friday yielded this great find:
Oh, and this too:
Even with my raging sinus infection, I would say this was the best mini-vacation we’ve had in quite some time. Bring on the rest of the summer!