Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day to You

I picked up a valentine for each of the kids yesterday, a Spongebob one for ED and a Diego one for CA. Each came attached to a small box of chocolate. I had the kids in the grocery store with me last night and as they hounded me for candy, I repeatedly told them “no, you don’t need any candy.”

I left the valentines in the kitchen so that Hub and I could give them to the kids together before I left for work today. CA was asleep on the couch when I got in the shower this morning, but when I peeked my head out to check on her as I dried off; she was wide awake on the couch and greeted me with a huge smile. She climbed down and ran to the bathroom.

“You said at Tops we couldn’t have any candy but you buyed us candy!!!”

“What??”

“You did leave us candy on the kitchen table!!”

I got dressed and followed her to the kitchen where she showed me what I bought her.

“Diego for me! Spongebob for Eddie!! Can I eat it now??”

By this time ED was up and came out to see what we were talking about. Both kids were accosting me with “when can we eat our candy? Now?? Now?? NOW!!??” I told them for a snack after lunch.

When I was in the bathroom getting ready, I heard ED tell Hub “My mother said I could eat this for a snack after BREAKFAST!!”

Sigh. They are making valentine cupcakes with Hub today since they don’t go to daycare on Thursdays and will miss their parties.

In other Valentines Day news, apparently telling Hub I didn’t mind if he picked a job up tonight was the WRONG ANSWER. We initially planned on celebrating on President’s Day but due to volumes, my office is open. I decided to work because I get a floating holiday now, that I can add on to my Maternity Leave. I also work this Saturday, so I have next Friday off as a comp day. The kids are in daycare, so I figured we could do something then.

Again, wrong answer and apparently, I suck. Whatev.

I left him a card and a candy bar this morning so hopefully that makes up for it some.


Finally, because this is high school, we sold carnations at work for a fund raiser. I bought one for each of my 18 associates. I received one from my boss and from our site manager—pity flowers if you ask me. I never was the most popular girl in school……

9 comments:

Tess said...

WORK flowers? Ugg, that is horrifying!

I left BR cards from AD and I this morning and when I just talked to him he said he "forgot to read them". So yeah. We are so sweet around here.

Jess said...

That was a really sweet thing of you to do. But the idea of carnations at work is a heinous, terrifying concept.

Saly said...

I agree guys, horrifying. I stood strong on boycotting it; I really did, but majority ruled and all of the foofie managers won out. I couldn't have my guys be the only ones without flowers.

L A M E

I can't even get in to what we do with the $$ we make....you would be equally horrified.

Mommy Daisy said...

Your kids are adorable. I got Zachariah a little box of chocolates with a train on it. He loved it. He was so sweet, and I told him he could have ONE chocolate before breakfast. And he hasn't asked for another one since. Smart boy.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but the whole work flowers thing is too bizarre. WTF? It's bad on so many levels. "Pity flowers" is hilariously wrong.

mom of the year said...

S H A M

That's how I spell Valentine's Day.

But flowers at work. WOW. And yet we enforce sexual harassment laws. Should you perhaps talk to the upper level about some gratuitous botanical laws or something. It'll get you off the hook for next year...

Emily said...

I've never heard of work flowers. Very different.

Happy Valentines Day.

Misty said...

Ewww. And you aren't even doing anything good with the money? Gross gross gross.

I would send you a flower. I would.

CAQuincy said...

I agree: work flowers are horrid! Seriously! I'm so glad they never did that at my old job. The drama! And the Pity flowers! It would have been a nightmare indeed! You are so right--how HIGH SCHOOL!

Er...sorry about all the exclamation points.

I was also nice enough to let my kids have a piece of candy after breakfast. How else could I justify myself eating THREE before they even made it to the table???