Monday, January 3, 2011

Bye Bye 2010--

Stolen from so many….

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Jumped in to a job that really scared me.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution was to take better care of me….and I did ok I think, but I can always do better.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
2 cousins

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank goodness

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A better work/home balance.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None in particular. It was a pretty uneventful year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job. Successfully convincing the powers that be that working from home was a good idea.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Being all gung ho health kick and then letting it fall by the wayside because it was hard.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm…I wasn’t the one to buy it, but the Kindle is pretty great. I just bought my first Vera Bradley bag too…and that is pretty awesome.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hub’s. Dealing with his dad’s cancer after losing his mom….he was great.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother’s. I won’t elaborate.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage and groceries. Yay. I’m boring.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Bud winning first place trophies for TKD, Lucy’s Bieber cake. Hub’s and my first trip without the kiddos.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“Baby” by Justin Bieber because I have heard it nearly every day for the last 6 months.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Maybe a bit fatter….sigh
c) richer or poorer? Richer, thanks to my new job and Hub’s successes this year.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out, spending time with just me

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling. For sure.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as always—Christmas Eve wit Hub’s family, Christmas day with mine. Our annual Christmas brunch….and nobody barfed *ON* Christmas this year, so…

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, I don’t think so. But as Liv has turned in to this amazingly exuberant toddler, I’ve loved her more and more, even with the wicked mood swings and lack of reason. I’ve also (mostly) accepted that she will be my last child, and so I’ve tried really hard to embrace and remember this time.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, Burn Notice, Psych

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I’m a lover, man. Not a hater. But let me tell you, I came SO close to losing my cool with one person so many times this year…and well, I’m glad that I’ve moved out of that situation now.

24. What was the best book you read?
I really enjoyed Something Blue by Emily Giffin.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
….

26. What did you want and get?
A Kindle. An Android phone. To be able to work from home.

27. What did you want and not get?
A steam mop. A svelte body.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Red. I saw Julie and Julia too this year, though I don’t think it came out in 2010….and loved it. Toy Story 3, The Town.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32. Spent the day home with Hub and had cake with the kiddos that night. I got my Kindle and bakery donuts.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The willpower to stick to and back up my goals.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Um….lazy. Jeans and sweaters. I barely wore any of my heels. I felt bad about myself and it showed in my wardrobe.

32. What kept you sane?
TEH Internets. My husband. The gym (and I wish that I could remember that…)

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Always Robert Downey Jr. ALWAYS. And Howard Stern….he is just so fascinating.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage.

35. Who did you miss?
Still, very much though she was a huge pain in my azz, my MIL.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met her years ago, but ran in to a girl at a school function who (along with her husband and baby) has become a good friend. It’s nice to have somebody close by.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
It’s ok to want things….and to ask for them.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I never have an answer for this one.

5 comments:

Tess said...

Happy New Year!!

Curious how or IF you'll deal with the healthkicking now that you're working from home. I think I would struggle HARDCORE if I was in your shoes.

saly said...

Tessie- I think it will be easier. None of the people bringing in leftover desserts, or as cake for every occasion. Or those fucking office potlucks that are calorie sucks. Or ordering out for lunch every day. PLUS I am highly motivated since Hub has been dieting and is doing oh so well. (bastard)

Jess said...

Working from home definitely helps me stay healthier. I don't eat out for lunches, I don't get all the snacks other people bring in, and my schedule is flexible enough that I can usually get to the gym before prime time. Seriously, it's much easier for me this way.

Also, now I'm super curious about what happened with your mother.

d e v a n said...

Love the answers. I think we should just take that last question out. It's always a struggle.

LoriD said...

Happy New Year!

I like Robert Downey Jr. too. Not so much Howard Stern. :-)