Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Elaborating on the excitement

Something very exciting happened to me this weekend. If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know some of it anyway. I can’t give you all of the details yet, but I will tell you what I can.

Saturday while I was cleaning the house for Bud’s birthday party, I picked up my phone to check email (or come up with whatever stall tactic I could) and saw a note from the company that I consign with twice a year. They were looking for someone to blog for them and help them to expand their brand. I thought about it for all of 20 seconds before I came downstairs to use the actual computer (that never happens; I always email from my phone) to email them back with what my qualifications are, and what I think I can bring to the table.

Within hours I heard back from them and was made a member of their team. The compensation is small…this could never replace my job or anything, but it is compensation. I am really excited about it! At this time, I’ve decided not to share my personal blog with them, or anyone who may be reading what I have to say over there. Maybe that will change in the future, but I’m not sure that I am committed to removing content and making edits over here that would change the sort of image that I have of myself as a blogger. I like who I am over here. In fact, I changed my “About Me” a little bit. Maybe you could take a look and tell me what you think of it.

In the meantime, I’ll be figuring out what I’d like to say in my bio, and trying to get a good headshot of myself. I…may need someone to do some Photoshopping for me. Or not. We’ll see. Does Photoshop shave off chins?

I’ll let you know when I am up and running at the new place, and hopefully you’ll visit.

7 comments:

Misty said...

Wicked exciting! Whooo! You are a professional blogger! How do I get me one of them gigs... ;)

And your new bio is really polished. LOVE. You are going to be GREAT at this!

Tess said...

I live in terror of the day I will need a headshot. Gah.

Congrats!!

Swistle said...

Great news! Congratulations!

Nowheymama said...

Cool! And Tess's comment made me laugh.

StephLove said...

Congrats on the new blogging gig!

Laura Diniwilk said...

This is so exciting, congratulations again. I am also excited to see Glamour Shot Saly, I hope you share the pic ;)

Shalini said...

Yaaaay! And yes, what Laura said--I want to see the pic too!