Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Free For All- Things that are bugging me...

1. Ok, I’m just going to say it and maybe I’ll catch some heat for it—DMB. I don’t get the obsession with him or his band. Sure, the music is ok though I do find every song to be ridiculously long. But srsly—I don’t get it.
2. Adding to the list of things I have found in the baby’s mouth recently: a cat’s discarded toe nail. I can not stop gagging when I’m thinking about it.
3. Despite having a day off next week, I have to work tomorrow, training some new hires. It’s supposed to be a beautiful day, and we have plans (CRASH-A-RAMA Demolition Derby!!) in the evening, so it’s going to be a long day for me.
4. My skin. I mentioned during my pregnancy how bad it was, and it has not gotten any better. I guess I’m going to have to see a dermatologist because I’ve tried every lotion, potion and supposed miracle to no avail. I look worse than I did as a teenager. It’s really frustrating. Ugh, my hair too. It’s a stringy, disgusting mess.
5. Speaking of frustrating—my job in general. LE Sigh. I’ve decided that I want to work in the city, so I’m watching for opportunity there.
6. Also, because it is webmail, GMAIL has been blocked here citing a security risk, so I can only check my mail via phone. But I can still get in to Facebook and Twitter.
7. My mother in law is moving to Alaska for 3 months….oh, wait….that is NOT bothering me one bit.

8 comments:

CAQuincy said...

Have you found the contents of your cat's litter box in her mouth yet? At least two of my three have done that at one point. *shudder*

Keith was notorious for finding shards of glass--and I STILL have to get onto him--at SEVEN--for putting random crap he picks up in his mouth. Seriously, kid--is that special little piece of stupid because of your Y chromosome?

Yay for Alaska!

Jess said...

I love that last one. I don't think I can adequately express how joyously happy I am that my MIL lives in Germany. Although that's not a coincidence. If she were a different kind of person then Torsten would likely not have picked up and moved so far away from her in the first place.

Pickles and Dimes said...

OMG YES YES YES! I am SO with you on DMB. HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Ahh, that's better. Anyway, my ex listened to him 24/7 (I kid you not), dragged me to a concert, bought me a super-sized t-shirt that I never wore and basically made me into the person I am today, who freaks out whenever she hears "Crash Into Me."

P.S. The cat toenail? EWWWWWWWW.

Anonymous said...

You girls and your DMB hatred. What am I going to do with you??? I will love you anyway b/c that just means more DMB for me I guess.

I'm totally with you on the skin thing. I'd gone to a dermatologist finally before I got pg, then stopped and haven't used any RX products since. I need to again. Badly. Argh. I thought I was done with puberty.

Anonymous said...

WTF is DMB? I'm so frickin old I am out of the loop completely, aren't I? Damnit. I am gagging too, but despite the horrifying visual that I had of that baby eating a cat's toenail (BARF) I am glad you wrote and I miss you and I wish you would write more. Love you always, Paprika.

Mommy Daisy said...

Sorry things are sucky at your job right now. I hope it starts getting better soon. Or something changes for the good at least.

d e v a n said...

7 - yay! hehe

I don't even think I could name a song by DMB...

misguided mommy said...

dmb? dave mathews band? they are okay but no i so don't get the crazy weird following