Ugh I feel like there are so many things to catch up on here! And my stinking job keeps getting in my way! Unreal! Well, no better time for bullets than the present.
• I am almost 2 months in to working from home and it is more awesome than I could have imagined. It’s also different somehow too. Misty asked me to elaborate some on that and it’s hard to put my finger on. It might need its own post. Not unlike being a mother who works outside the home, being a WAHM has to have boundaries. I don’t just bill hours; I’m expected to be around generally between 8 and 5. I’ve noticed that my counterparts who work on the west coast are a little bit more likely to add things to my calendar for 6 and 7PM east coast time. And I sometimes say yes. But usually I say no, because I live in New York, not CA. Just because I work from home doesn’t mean that I’m always working…you know? I don’t know. I think I do need to get in to it more another day; I don’t feel like I’m adequately covering it. I love the flexibility I have to get my kids on and off the bus; go in to school for a bit during the day though. And you know what my home office doesn’t have that the real office does? Candy and snack vending. And pressure to order lunch just because. I’m saving a shitload of calories and money being home, brewing my own coffee (but damn If we don’t go through way more coffee now; I didn’t realize how much I was getting on the outside!), eating leftovers or just a sandwich for lunch. I was in the office one day last week, and look at my gigantic sandwich! You can’t even see the chips behind it! (I ended up taking half home for dinner)
Albacore Tuna with chipotle mayo, alfalfa sprouts and tomato. See also: My glasses. I can't eat with them on. It's a thing.
• Some filters on my work computer have made me unable to comment on a lot of blogs. I can read them just fine, but cannot comment. It kind of sucks. I think it’s mostly the ones with the comment form embedded. If it takes me to another page or window I am good. Weird and annoying.
• I bought tickets to go see NKOTBSB. Judge me if you must, but we’ll see who is laughing when I finally become Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg. It’s in May. I can’t wait.
• Speaking of May, Hub turns 35 then, and I’d like to take him someplace for a weekend. I’m not sure where though. Not someplace too far; he hates to fly. He also likes to be kept busy when we travel. Time to do some research.
• My mother is taking the children on Wednesday night so we can go out for dinner and a movie. I hate to ask my parents for anything. I hate it hate it hate it. I also hate no longer having a built in baby sitter. I don’t think we realized how lucky we were. And MY were we lucky.
• I’m going away this weekend with my mother and aunt and we are meeting my cousins and SIL and basically having a girls’ weekend. Yes. GIRLS’ not GIRL’s. Just had to get THAT off of my chest. I love spending time with my aunts and cousins though. I wish we lived closer. It will be a fun time, for sure.