Ugh, I am avoiding work today, and I have a lot to do between now and what is my end of the month—which is 12/19. There’s no better way to procrastinate than with a list, right? So here is some randomosity at its best.
• My mother is being a drama queen and I can not deal with it. I don’t think it’s acceptable to tell your mother to just shut up already, so I’m sucking it up. But my, she is annoying me. Completely unrelated—she has taken to adding curry powder to everything she cooks. Deviled Eggs? Mac and Cheese……you name it. I LOATHE curry powder. Plus it does not agree with me at all. I’ve sent her an email to please not make curried deviled eggs for a family get together and she’s not answering me. Which possibly means that I have offended her. Or that she’s not home. Whatever.
• Bud has been complaining of chest pains recently, and yesterday was in tears about it so we got him right in to the doctor (he was originally going on Friday). The verdict is indigestion but we have to take him for an EKG and ECHO to be sure. In the meantime, he is on Children’s Prevacid for a week to see if it makes any difference. I hope it does. It’s scary when your kid tells you that his heart hurts.
• I have no holiday shopping done. This is not unusual for me, but I am feeling kind of unsettled about it. Bud is finally at the age where he wants VERY.SPECIFIC.THINGS! and I’m worried we won’t find them. Lucy, thankfully, couldn’t care less about what she gets. And Liv, clearly, will get a few small things, you know, for the sport of it, but will have no clue. Anyway, holiday shopping time makes me want to punch people in the throat more than any other time of the year.
• When Lucy was a baby she had this shirt that said “Daddy’s Little Present” (which I maintain is 99% cute and 1% creepy) and I have been looking all over for it to put on Liv. I know I have seen it recently but it is nowhere to be found. We only have a small window of time for her to wear it people!!
• I think that I had mentioned before that Lucy’s pants were not fitting her right. All of these places, trying to do the skinny style for these little girls with their jeans and dress pants. They don’t work on Lucy. 3t’s are too tight in the thighs and 4t’s are just too long and too big in the waist. She is wearing stretch pants and leggings pretty exclusively. I don’t know what else to do!!
• My head is about to explode so I need to end this. Besides, I need to figure out just what the hell I am doing about our Christmas cards. HELL.