Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas, and New Years and Bafing (OH MY!!)

It seems kind of funny to be talking Christmas now; it’s weird that as soon as it’s over, it’s over. I was fortunate to be off of work for 10 days, starting on Christmas Eve, right along with the kids, and we didn’t do much of anything for the entire break. No goals, no plans. It was nice.

Liv did have a bout with a sinus infection though, and was put on the ZPAK, so I didn’t give it a lot of thought when she started throwing up on Christmas Eve. We kept her home from the party we attended, only because I didn’t want her to puke on somebody else’s carpet (but it was fine to puke on mine??). I stayed with her for a while and then met Hub and the kids at the party, leaving her with FIL. When we got home though, she was grey. She had thrown up until there was nothing left in her belly. FIL hadn’t given her anything to drink, so I gave her some water, and she immediately puked again. Crap, she really was sick. After throwing up the water though, she finally passed out, and slept all night. She was her usual self on Christmas morning.

Luckily, we all were and had a fantastic day. Look how happy and adorable they were!



We enjoyed our day and had fun at my uncle’s later in the evening, which is when I started feeling a bit off. By the time bedtime rolled around, Bud, Lucy and I all had it; and it was horrible. Thank God that Hub did not get sick until the day after, because I don’t know how we would have managed it. At one point, Bud and Lucy were throwing up in buckets, I was in the bathroom, and the baby was awake and crying from all the commotion. Yeah, fun times.

We got a good deal of snow over the vacation, so Hub made a ramp on the porch for the kids to sled down. We took the big kids out to a movie and dinner one day too. It was really very low key, and just my kind of holiday week.

New Year’s Eve was uneventful for us, as it always is. We had steaks for dinner, watched Snow White with the kids, and after they went to bed, Hub and I watched The Hangover. We did some running around on NYD, and on Saturday, we dropped the kids off with my parents for the weekend. And let me tell you after 8 days of just being home with them it was needed. Hub and I saw a movie and had dinner, and then slept until nearly 11 the next morning. It was glorious.

I can’t say that I was ready to get back to the grind this week, but I am looking forward to this new year. Maybe we’ll have some resolution talk soon.

(or more likely, in February)

8 comments:

Jess said...

So sorry you were all sick! But glad it seems to have passed now. And also, still in shock over how big and grown up your kids look! I couldn't even BELIEVE that was Liv.

Mommy Daisy said...

Glad everyone is feeling better. :D

I'm with you on the resolutions. I keep thinking of things, but I rarely make resolutions. Yes, February sounds appropriate.

Swistle said...

Oooooo noooooo, the barfing!

And I can't believe how much older all your kids look all of a sudden.

LoriD said...

I love their stripey jammies!

How awful that you all got sick at the same time. Glad everyone is feeling better now.

The snow seems to have missed us. All around us there's lots of snow, but we haven't even had to shovel anything yet! How cool of hub to make a ramp down the porch!

d e v a n said...

Aw, love the picture. What cuties!I'm glad everyone is feeling better!

Nowheymama said...

Glad you're all feeling better! Happy new year!

CAQuincy said...

HNY! Ugh!

Yes, those babies of yours are looking WAY too big now!

misguided mommy said...

ugg ugg ugg I have spent the whole day feeling like I would barf. I keep gagging and nothing comes out. at this point i think it would be better to just puke and get it over with.

stop by my blog and answer the question