Monday, January 14, 2008

Aaaaaah

That was exactly what I said as I slipped in to my favorite pair of maternity jeans this morning. So what if I’m only 11 weeks along? So what!! I am so done with buttons my friends. Besides, it is painfully obvious that I am with child, so I might as well flaunt it.

We had a very busy weekend, with the double birthday parties. We also told my family, to which my mother replied over and over again, “I am in shock. I’m just in shock.” At least it was still about her. She also commented that she would need to increase her direct deposit to savings in order to afford Christmas next year.

Yeah.

Hub’s mother assumed that his whole family knew and began talking about it during the party yesterday. His Grandmother kept telling everyone that she just knew because of a look Hub and I had shared on Thanksgiving Day when our niece was crying and carrying on uncontrollably. Funny, since WE didn’t even know we were having a baby on Thanksgiving, so I’m not sure what look she was referring to. Hub’s cousin K, who has a 6-year-old boy and whose daughter is the same age as ED is having a baby as well—2 weeks before us. Due to her “advanced maternal age” (she’s like, 36) she’s already had an amnio and knows she’s having a boy. This is the cousin who has given us all of her baby clothes and ETC because she “was done.” Hub wants to buy her a whole new layette to repay her. I don’t know how necessary that all is, I agree with a nice gift, but, whatever.

Needless to say, I am completely family-ed out.

I’m quite excited for Saturday, when Hub and ED will be heading north to go to the Monster Truck Rally. CA and I will have the day to ourselves. I fully intend on taking a long nap and then shopping with all of my Christmas gift-cards. Yay.

Ok, this is a mish/mosh, I know. I am dying for a cheeseburger. Sounds like I’ll be taking a drive for lunch.

Finally, here are a few birthday photos, taken by my dad. I’m going to try and post some of ours tonight, because seriously, you need to see this cake Hub made for ED.









12 comments:

bananafana said...

I think I would still feel that way about my maternity pants if I wasn't showing so much ass crack in mine every flippin' time I bend over.
don't feel bad about the cheeseburger - i've planned my entire day around baked potato soup at bread company for lunch
oh and your poor mother! (PHHHBBBBTTTTT phooey)

Tess said...

Your HUSBAND made that cake? WHAT THE?

I could go for a cheeseburget now too. THANKS.

Saly said...

Tessie- not this cake, but the one we had at home on ED's actual birthday. Prepare to be impressed.

Saly said...

And also, I settled for a salami sub so that i don't have to leave the building. pfft.

Misty said...

Pfft indeed. Make one of the peons go buy you a burger! And me too, while you are at it.

You are so cute, Saly Girl! I am loving your hair that length.

Jess said...

I am all family-ed out too, just from READING your post. GEEZ. It makes me understand part of why some couples like to keep this information to themselves for as long as possible.

Mommy Daisy said...

So, do you feel a huge relief now that everyone knows? Are they picking up on it at work? Especially now that you're showing and wearing maternity pants?

I'm sure I'll be wearing maternity pants before 11 weeks next time. I did the first time. Anything without elastic drove me nuts from about 2 week after I found out I was pregnant. Just be comfy. That's my motto...especially when expecting.

Love the photos. It looks like it was a good birthday! :)

Jess said...

Did you say last week that you were going to email me? Because if so, I never received it, but I definitely want to hear what you have to say! I'd have emailed you, but I don't see your contact info anywhere.

Nowheymama said...

Alas, I am at the other end of the spectrum where even my maternity pants won't stay up anymore. Scott: Your belly is showing. Me: I KNOW!

Beck said...

People are weird about pregnancy - my mother-in-law declared that she KNEW that I was pregnant because she saw me flipping through a baby names book 6 months earlier. Um, okay....

Emily said...

A cheeseburger sounds so good. . .

CAQuincy said...

That's almost the EXACT SAME REACTION I got from my mother when I told her about my third. Even now that Third is this cute, little imp of a three-year old, I feel this disapproving aura coming from her for going over the "Limit: Two" that she imposed on HERSELF.

"I just can't believe it." (I'll spare you the rest of the speech.)

...And I usually had to start wearing maternity pants around week 9-10. Phhhbbbttt to YOU.