Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Free for All- Vacations, and Birthdays and Gardening (oh my!!)

• I think we finally have this vacation situation figured out. Not that we’ve booked anything, but we’re looking at 2.5 days in Ocean City, MD, a day in Hershey PA and then home. With drive time, we’ll be gone 4 days; the true picture of a whirlwind vacation. But Hub will be able to work some before the holiday weekend, and all will be good.
• He wants to take a weekend at some point, just me and him as well. Maybe in mid-September, for our anniversary. We’ve talked about going to Toronto, Cleveland or The Poconos. The Poconos sound like the best bet to me. Think he’ll let us stay HERE? The champagne hot tub is something of a legend in these parts. Even if we had unlimited money though, I don’t think Hub is ever spending over $400 on a night in a hotel.
• For the first time since I can remember, we have no plans this weekend. None. Maybe I can actually get some sleep. I’ve become something of an insomniac lately. I can fall asleep with no issues, but I can’t stay asleep for the life of me. I am up at all hours of the night and can never fall back to sleep. It sucks.
• As I’ve mentioned, the baby will be 2 next week. TWO! And I am beside myself about it. While she is my baby, she’s not what anyone else would consider a baby. She’s a bona fide toddler. With opinions. And personality. She sleeps in a big girl bed, and pees and poops on the potty exclusively. And well, I just don’t know if I can cope with that. She’ll be off to college before we even know it. And I will be left with nothing.
• I think that maybe I’d like to get my hair cut and colored this weekend. I’ve been putting it off for like, 6 months now. Maybe that’s a good thing to do when we have nothing else going on. Speaking of haircuts, the garden needs one too. Add that to my weekend list.
• And speaking of the garden, I picked 26 green beans the other night! Then I steamed them up, and Liv and I ate them with pasta in a white cheddar sauce. They were delicious!! The big kids wouldn’t go near them, but Liv and I enjoyed them greatly. My eggplant and tomatoes are growing well, and my cucumbers are REALLY multiplying. I even have one ear of corn growing. I never in a million years thought that gardening would be so much fun, but it is! It really is!!

3 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, I wish I had a veggie garden! Yay for your bean bounty!

Sarah said...

Wait, your not-yet-TWO-year-old is fully potty trained!? And here I was congratulating myself on getting Eli trained before age three!

d e v a n said...

yay for vacations!